Incorporating essential oils into your hair care routine can take your hair from drab to fab, naturally! These concentrated plant extracts contain many beneficial nutrients for your strands, which promote healthy growth, shine and body, while soothing scalp irritation and banishing split ends.
Hair Care Blend:
– Cedarwood (stimulates the scalp, promotes hair growth)
– Jasmine (strengthens roots, promotes healthy hair growth)
– Clary Sage (promotes hair growth, stimulates the scalp)
– Rosemary (stimulates the roots, improves hair growth, increases circulation in the scalp)
– Lavender (deep conditions the hair, promotes shine, controls dandruff)
NOTE: If you want to experiment a little bit with the blend, you can add or switch out some of these oils:
– Chamomile (adds shine and softness to hair, soothes the scalp)
– Geranium (strengthens hair)
– Sandalwood (helps mend dry ends)
I add a few drops of this blend to plain shampoo and conditioner to boost the benefits and make my shower smell wonderful. I also add a few drops to a wooden comb to comb through my hair while still wet. As my hair dries, it retains moisture and smells great. I also add a few drops to a pump of Rose Hip Oil and smooth onto my ends whenever they start to frizz.
Deep Moisturizing Hot Oil Treatment:
Add 3-5 drops of your Hair Care Blend to 2 ounces of any of the Base Oils listed below. (You may only need 1 oz. if you have short hair. Use your judgement.) Warming the oils a bit will increase their efficacy, just don’t get it so hot that it will burn your scalp. Saturate your hair with the oil blend, gently massaging your scalp. Wrap your hair in a towel or shower cap and leave the treatment in your hair for about an hour, then wash thoroughly. Enjoy your soft, shiny, revitalized hair!
Good Base Oils for Hair Care:
– Almond: soothes and moisturizes the scalp
– Coconut: softens hair and increases shine
– Moroccan Argan: moisturizes, nourishes, and provides antioxidants to hair
– Jojoba: moisturizes the hair, adds nutrients, and stimulates the scalp
– Rose Hip Oil: packed with nutrients, promotes shine and body, fights dandruff, repairs damaged hair